Tuesday, March 19, 2013

I have scrubbed the branch right out now, but the paper is overworked and it keeps looming up. I tried a few of those grounds and covers you can buy for watercolor, but they looked bad and got milky when painted on.

Monday, March 18, 2013

Here i decided that the branch going up and out the middle of the painting had to go. It cut the painting in half and drew the eye up and out of the painting. I tried shortening it, but..no. — at UBC Botanical Garden.

Wednesday, March 13, 2013

I am not liking that branch heading up and out the center of the painting.

Thursday, March 07, 2013

Wednesday, March 06, 2013

Perylene Maroon and hookers green in the browns and woody bits

Monday, March 04, 2013

Glad to be starting on the flowers. Using raw sienna, winsor violet, operah rose, quinacridone magenta,permanent rose, and aureolin

Painting the background first on this one. not sure what i think ...

Friday, March 01, 2013

Magnolia Campbellii subsp. Mollicomata

You can see the drawing and the first wash. I used winser blue green shade and red shade, burnt sienna and Indigo.